2 handfuls dried breadcrumbs
Salt and Pepper
250ml sunflower oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of caster sugar
1 tbsp French Vinaigrette
- Prepare the cheese fritters by taking each slice, dusting in flour, dipping in beaten egg and rolling in breadcrumbs.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Repeat the latter two stages once more. Set aside
- Mince the beetroot with two sharp knives and combine in a bowl with the vinegar, nutmeg, caster sugar and salt
- pour the oil into a wok and heat on a high flame until hot enough to fry (you should be able to do this intuitively without the need of a thermometer).
- Place the fritters carefully in the oil using a slotted ladle and fry on each side for about 30 seconds, turning with two forks.
- Drain on some kitchen paper. dress the lambs lettuce and place in the centre of a white plate, surrounding with a few carefully place mounds of the beetroot, top with the hot fritters and season with salt and pepper.